Press R eSports League of Legends 2020 Season Rules
GENERAL & GAME SETTINGS:
1. Competition Method: 5 v 5
2. Maps: Summoner’s Rift
3. Mode: Tournament Draft
4. Each team will play 2 games on Monday nights starting at 8 pm CST. Followed by a Bracket style tournament. Best of 3. Finals Best of 5
5. Bans per team: 5
6. Game Length: Until the winner is determined
7. Game Winner: The team who completely destroys their opponent’s nexus or forces their opponent to surrender
8. Champion Selection: Draft mode will be used. Players may only select champions that are unlocked via any means.
9. Restrictions: In order to compete, each participant will need access to at least 16 champions.
10. Match setup: Teams will play weekly at 8PM CST Monday nights.
11. On match day, players are required to check-in before 6pm CST regardless if you plan on playing or not.
11(a) By checking in before 6 pm CST, it gives your team time to find a substitution (refer to #12) as well as gives the opponents time to scout the sub.
11(b) If you do not check-in on match day before 6 pm CST 2 weeks in a row, you will be suspended for one week of play
12. The waitlist is the priority for substitutions on Game Day. If a team is unable to find a player within their salary cap on the waitlist, they may ask a player within their salary cap from one of the teams on their bye week.
13. Both teams will have 15 minutes to field their roster of players. This is a buffer for a player that maybe showing up a few minutes late.
14. If One team is unable to field a team by 8:15PM CST, that team will forfeit that one game and another 15 minute timer will start before Game 2 Begins. If you need 1 additional player you are able to sit another player and pickup two available subs that fit within your salary cap. This is only if you can’t find a salary cap suitable sub. This is not to be used to better your team’s performance.
15. If Both teams are unable to field rosters by 8:15PM CST, the score will be marked down as a 1-1 draw. The games will not be rescheduled. There are exceptions to this ie: natural disasters, riot server wide crashes, or other major events that affect the populous.
16. The 15 minute timer begins for Game 2 once the stream has finished viewing Game 1.
Game Day Communication
All teams are required to be in their voice channel in the Press R Discord during Press R games. Only the 5 players are allowed in that channel during the game. GMs/coaches are allowed in the channel only during champ select or once the game has completed. As someone not playing, you may not join their Discord channel, send in game messages, or communicate in any other way with players during the game.
TEAM LINEUPS/ LANE SWAPS:
1.Currently we do not allow for lane swapping after draft. Example: If you plan to have your mid laner change to a different role then you must tell the opposing captain prior to draft so they can scout what that particular player might play in said lane. We aren’t discouraging lane creativity. You can be as creative as you want in your match preparation. Your opponent just gets to learn about it at least 30 minutes prior to it happening.
2. If you elect to not abide by this rule you will be required Forfeit that game.
3. Like the LCS, all champion trades must be completed before the 20 second mark in draft one all 10 champions have been locked in.
4. Once in game, all players are required to stay to play the role they were assigned. Mid laner goes mid and top laner goes top.
5. Lane swaps pre 5 minutes are NOT allowed. You must spend more time in your lane than any member of your team who is not assigned to that lane. Junglers are excluded from this.
6. First Offense is 2 missed bans in your next series.
7. Second Offense is a match lost for the game the offense occurred in.
8. In playoffs, the available admins will review the incident and will determine a ruling.
1. Draft Options: Teams will only have up to 5 members. We will lock the adds of members to prevent teams from stock piling before playoffs.
2. Draft Order: The team with the better ranking will have the choice to select their side as blue (first pick) or red (second pick) for the first game. The teams will swap sides at the start of the second match.
STOPPAGE OF PLAY:
A player, who is experiences technical issues, on any team may call for a game restart prior to first blood within the first 5 minutes of the game (i.e. before the timer shows 5:00).
The player must be experiencing a hardware malfunction (e.g. monitor, peripheral, etc.), a physical disruption (e.g. fan interference, table or chair breakage), or a configuration issues (e.g. runes, masteries, or summoner spells are not properly applied). The player must declare the issue in public chat or to a tournament administrator and then intentionally disconnect. Once the player disconnects, the game is considered null and void and should be restarted unless a tournament administrator determines that the conduct represents unfair play.
If an unintentional disconnection occurs within 5 minutes from the start of the match & before first blood OR a player’s client crashes or fails to load after champion selection, then the match must be restarted. Otherwise if the unintentional disconnection occurs after those milestones, the game will continue as normal. The crashed player may reconnect into the game as soon as they are able.
If a player intentionally disconnects without specifying a reason, then the game will continue as normal.
If a server crash occurs, then the tournament director or head referee will decide either between (a) restarting the game or (b) awarding the game to one of the teams. As a guideline, a game victory will only be awarded in a situation where one team was on the verge of certain defeat (e.g. A nexus was about to be destroyed).
Each Team is allotted 15 minutes of the 30 Minute Pause. After that 15 minutes has been used by a team. The opposing team can choose to use their time to wait for the opponents player or request a resume to play 5v4. This above is only after the game clock has passed 5:00 minutes.
The following actions will be considered unfair play:
1. The use of any cheat program and/or map hack program
2. An intentional disconnection without a proper and explicitly stated reason
3. The use of any settings exceeding the standard and permitted settings
4. Intentionally allowing an opponent to win a game
5. Unsportsmanlike or disruptive behavior such as inappropriate and/or unprofessional actions directed towards another player or tournament official
6. The use of a game bug that is determined by Press R eSports as being unfair
7. The use of an ineligible player (aka ringing)
Upon discover of any player committing any violations regarded as unfair play, the offending player, at the sole discretion of the tournament director or a group of referees, may receive a warning, a forfeit loss, disqualified from the tournament. During the course of the event, the Press R eSports admins may determine other actions to embody unfair play.
1. Each team is allotted $4.5 Million in spending on players
2. Player’s skill will determine their faux salary in the league. This salary can go up due to team and solo performance. The secret sauce so to speak will not be disclosed so that player’s can’t virtually tank their team or individual performance to prevent a salary increase.
PRESEASON DRAFT RULES:
1. The draft will be snake draft: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,1,2 and so forth.
1. Playoff seeing will be determined by points accrued during the regular season. 2 Points for a win. 1 point for a draw.
2. Ties will be Head to Head Record, and then average win time.
1. Trading players is allowed between teams. You just have to remain under the salary cap.
1. Life before games. We understand this is a video game. Your team is depending on you to communicate when you will miss games. If you miss once without communicating with your captain, it will be excused. If you miss a second time without communicating again, you will be ineligible to play for 1 series. If this still continues, your captain has the right to drop you from the team and grab someone else.
2. A player must play league once a week with your team whether scrim or in solo/duo. If you are unable to do so during a two week time period you must inform your captain during this time as to why
The rules are not a finished product. We try do our best to figure out what works and what does not. When things need to be changed, they will. If something is discovered, rules will be added. We are still learning after 4 seasons.
We want this to feel like the Pro stage. We want to interview team captains post game and pre-game if you have anything to say. We want to interview the MVP of the match. We will be posting matches with color commentary and play by play so please get us your replays! The more you help us the better this will be.